Friday, February 15, 2013

Dark Chocolate Banana Avocado Bread


 
I received this card and sweet candy stick yesterday right on time for Valentine's Day. 
Big thanks to my friend Lisa for making these for me. Love them both. The candy stick turned out great! 
 

If my readers are anything like my niece Autumn you may be making a face while reading the name of this bread. 
Dark Chocolate Banana Avocado Bread. I found the recipe on Pinterest and changed it up a bit. I swear this is very good! The bread is dense but very moist. So if your brave enough to get pass the name try it! You won't even taste the avocado, but you will get some healthy fat in your diet. 

2 ripe bananas
1 avocado 
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate powder (I used Hershey)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 egg

preheat oven to 350

mash the bananas and avocado, add sugar, olive oil, lemon juice and egg, mix well
In a larger bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray and pour batter into it. Bake for one hour. 
I think the next time I make this I'll cut the sugar down to 3/4 cup. 

Since there is a lot of healthy fat in this I didn't want to over indulge so I cut the bread into thin slices and popped them in the freezer. When I want a chocolate treat with my afternoon tea I'll take out a slice.

Hubby surprised me with very nice heart pendant for Valentine's Day. Its very pretty and I was really surprised as I told him not to get me anything.....Hmmmm maybe I should tell him "not to" more often! 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: