Friday, March 15, 2013

Cork Message Center


So getting back to yesterdays project. I took a yard stick that I got at Home Depot for .68 cents, and hot glued corks from wine bottles all the way down the yardstick to create a little message center for the kitchen wall.

When I think of corks and grapes I think "vintage" so I had to put up some old black and white photos along with some "vintage" recipes from my mom. 
Thanks Kat for sending me all the corks. At the rate we drink wine in our house I would have been old, grey, and sitting in a rocking chair before I had enough corks to make this!

Not babysitting today so I'm thinking about calling up MIL Katie and see if she would like a visit. Other than that I don't have much plans. Still very cold here for this time of the year. Only thing that is keeping me going is seeing the red Robins on the grass. Spring is almost here! Oh an one very important Spring thing....Here in Hinkley the turkey vultures always come back to the park on the 15th of March. I told Skip we have lived here almost all our lives and we have never went to the park to watch them come home. If he didn't work 2nd shift I'd be tempted to wake him up and go this year. Then of course suppose to be 30 tomorrow. Bit nippy for bird watching. Here is a link if you'd like to read more about this event.

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: