Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Creped Filter Paper Flower


I made a flower using the Blossom punch and the new Creped Filter Paper that is in the Spring Mini
 (page 6 #129393 2.95)
This paper is heavier than tissue paper will hold up to water, and is great for punches.
I filled up a mist bottle about 3/4 full of rubbing alcohol  and 4 drops of Tangerine Tango re-inker. I also added just a drop of Frost White all purpose ink. 
 
I folded up one of the rectangles that comes in the filter paper pack into eights then punched with the Blossom punch. Next I added a silver brad. I spritzed the flower with the alcohol ink mixture and scrunched it up and alternated the flower petal layers to make it more full. As you can see in this photo the flower looked really dark when wet.
 
 

But when the flower is dry the color will fade out a bit. Click on the image to see a better view of the glitz that the Frost White ink gives it. 


Here is the completed card. 
Color pallet: Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo, and Sycamore Street designer paper. 
Thank you is from Perfectly Penned stamp set.

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: