Monday, March 11, 2013

Mailable Monday #2


Welcome to week #2 of Mailable Monday. 
Today I'm going to show you Double Sponging. 
Start with a piece of white cardstock. I started out using a 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 but after the stamping was finished I trimmed the piece to 3x3
You will need three colors of dye based ink and three sponges.
I used More Mustard, Not Quite Navy, and Pear Pizzazz. 
 
 

After the sponging was completed I stamped a background using a darker ink Night of Navy.
Stamp set used Postage Due. Love the large background stamp that comes in this set. Also like it because it is vintage (like me).
 
Use an embossing buddy over the stamp piece. This will keep the embossing powder from sticking where you don't want it to be. If you don't have an embossing buddy you can also use a used dryer sheet.

Next step is to get a detailed stamp. I used the Ferris Wheel from Feeling Sentimental. Ink the stamp with VersaMark and stamp where you would like the image to be. Now heat emboss that image with clear embossing powder. Tap off excess. 
Use a darker color ink on a sponge. I used Night of Navy, and sponge over the entire piece. The image that you clear embossed will begin to show. 



Here you can see my completed piece. I add a few layers before mounting it to White cardstock.
Color Pallet: White, Night of Navy, More Mustard, Pear Pizzazz, Not Quite Navy.
Word Celebrate Today is from Perfectly Penned. 

I think this card would be suitable for men or women, but even with the little flower on the lower right side that came from the background stamp I think it would be a perfect guy card. 

Stamping trails
Karen


 

No comments: