Monday, March 18, 2013

Mailable Monday #3


I brought out the water color wonder crayons for today's Mailable Monday card. 

Started with an acrylic block. (its 3x3) and scribbled it with Pacific Point crayon. 


Next step was to spritz it with just mist bottle filled with water. You don't need a lot of water. 


Then carefully stamp the moist colored block onto white cardstock. Would also work well on watercolor paper but you will get a different look on the watercolor paper. 

Finished card. I used Just Believe stamp set. 
Color Pallet: White, Soft Suede, Night of Navy, and Pacific Point. 

I just added a little bow at the upper corner. I like to use either bakers twine or crochet thread. 

Here is another one I made. I like the background block on this one, but I think I got carried away with the stamping...looks busy to me.


Did my weigh in yesterday. Lost 3.1
YAY guess that bike must be helping me. 
According to everything I've been reading for every pound you lose you take 4 pounds of pressure off your knees. So that is 12 pounds of pressure off. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going.


Stamping trails
Karen



4 comments:

Kathy said...

Great job!!! Keep up the excellent work, I'm so proud of you.
Love, Kat

Penny Reed said...

I just found your blog, thanks to the Blog Finds of the Day. I have to feel connected to you - I have a big cat who loves to mess around in my craft room. I was born in Burbank, CA (your cat) and I also am on WW - have lost 32 pounds, 4 to go! Yay for us! The last few are hard! Good luck. Plus I love your projects!

Krafting Karen said...

Thank Kat
Penny so glad you found my blog. Yes I would say we have a connection. What is your cat's name? Great job on your weight loss! You go girl. I have 30 more to go. Long road ahead but it will be worth it. I saved a pair of my largest jeans (size 3x)Can't wait to do a before and after shot in them.

Penny Reed said...

My cats name is Yogi (for the baseball player, Yogi Berra). My husband named him! I have been on WW before - lost 50 pounds, but gained some back, so I think this is it - no more gaining back! Been there, done that. I'd love to see your before and afters - my e-mail is azreeds@cableone.net. I'd love to know how you're doing. Keep up the good work!!!