Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter Crafts




Since I've been into frame art I decided to use a silver frame that I had picked up at the Goodwill a few months ago. For the background I used Natural Composition designer paper. I like that the paper is embossed. 
The eggs are from Oh Hello. I thought that oval background stamp in this set would make perfect Easter eggs. The center egg is So Saffron while I did stamp it I turned it around and used the unstamped side so I could have a place the Happy Easter word stamp.
Bunny is made with circle, oval, and heart punch. 
Grass is Wild Wasabi. Since the picture was more 3-D I omitted the glass from the frame.


This cute little chick treat holder was made using 2 large scallop circle dies cut from Daffodil Delight.Both circles were scored at 1 inch on one side. The flaps are then overlapped to form a base to add candy.
Eyes are 1/2 circle from black, beak Tangerine Tango
Wings 1 3/4 scallop circle punch. The wings were rounded just a bit and sponged with Daffodil Delight.


In your Easter Bonnet with all the frills upon it...well you get the idea. I wanted to make a head for the dress maker form so I could top it with a Easter bonnet. The bonnet is made with parts from the Blossoms Petal builder punch. The apron on the front of the dress also uses the same punch. 
Color Pallet: Calypso Coral, Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, Tea for Two designer paper


Stamping trails
Karen 


2 comments:

Ellen B said...

Great projects, Karen. Thanks for sharing!

Krafting Karen said...

glad you enjoyed them!