Friday, April 19, 2013

Muted Colors Technique


I started with a full sheet of white cardstock. Using direct to paper technique I added the following colors: 
Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Pool Party, and Pacific Point. 


I then added some gesso to the inked cardstock and used a brayer to smooth it out. Set the piece aside at this point and let it dry. Didn't take long about 2 hours. 
The white gesso mutes the color, and added texture to the cardstock. 


I cut the completed piece of cardstock into different sizes to use on cards. This one is a 3x3 piece. I inked up the flower image from Blooming with Kindness with black ink and stamped on the panel. 
I also used a strip of the completed cardstock for the bottom part of the card and added the greeting. 

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice! I love it.Linda Lamont