Thursday, May 16, 2013

Summer Silhouettes


Well I have my friend Kat to thank for enabling me to purchase Summer Silhouettes stamp set.
She sent me a few cards made with the set and I was sold! 
Well what are friends for if not to enable you to buy craft stuff? 

I'm still playing with the Darice shims that allows you to leave a blank space when using embossing folders. This one is a rectangle. Square Lattice embossing folder.

I even used some retired StampinUp! colors. Kiwi Kiss, and True Thyme. Also used Crushed Curry. 
I just added a bit of lace across the bottom of the stamping and a button. Base card vanilla.


I just don't know how I missed this stamp set in the catalog. Love, love, love the border stamp. 
Here I used a  new SU color Smoky Slate for the border, and flower stem. Darker ink color is Basic Gray. 
Don't those two colors go well together? 

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

Kirk and Melanie said...

Love, love, love the smokey slate Summer Silhouettes! TFS!