Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pansy Birthday Gifts Continued


Now this gift I was the most pleased with. I used a metal pail and decorated the front with pansy flowers. First I used dotted Chocolate Chip ribbon and hot glued it to the pail, then added the flowers. 
I'm sure Kat thought I was crazy as I put an unopened bag of dried black beans in the pail. 
The beans are to keep the pens upright in the pail.


Close up view of the flowers. 


These are just stick ink pens that I got at the dollar store. I cut off the silk flower tops and attached to the top of the pen using green floral tape. I had to go back and add the leaves using some hot glue. Just the flower alone didn't look right to me. I made a total of 7 flower pens. I was so happy how this project turned out. It was my favorite one! And let me tell you it was very hard for me not to post pictures of the finished project back on the 8th of May when I finished it! 

Stamping trails
Karen

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Karen, you should be happy about how the project came out! I have seen the pens before but not with the leaves and in a tub. Great idea!

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Very pretty! I may have to do something like this for my desk!

Loni said...

Oh that is just awesome Karen! Thanks for sharing another great project!!

Deb Sumption said...

This is so adorable! I will definitely have to CASE this idea. I even have a small bucket sitting on my kitchen shelf just screaming "Do Something With Me!" Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents.

inkedx2 said...

I am running late on visiting the blogs. You were really into pansies on this tour! Very cute gift.

stampershirley said...

I too have a couple small pails and plan to make these ... one for me and several as little gifts. Guess I never thought about adding the beans to hold the pens up - simple but so effective. Thanx for the idea!!

Mel said...

I would have loved this as a birthday present. So pretty! Purple is my favorite color.