Thursday, July 18, 2013

Christmas in July Week!


Bring out the tree! I made ornaments for it. 

This sweet angel was made using the large scallop die. After cutting it out I ran it through the petal embossing folder. The wings were made using the largest butterfly on the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die. The wings were embossed with a new script embossing folder that is in the holiday mini. I also inked the edges of the wings with Encore ultimate metallic silver ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. 
The head is a 1" round wood ball. 
To assemble I folded down 9 of the scallops from the circle then over lapped the edges and glued in the front. I got the inspiration from the new dresses the young ladies are wearing. The skirts are longer in the back and shorter in the front. Such a cute style.
I cute three lengths of 1/8 silver ribbon and braided them to form the halo. 
The word stamp is from a retired SU stamp set. 


Next ornament was made using Festive Flurry and the matching Framelits. 


There are 4 snowflakes in the stamp set. The largest one I stamped with Island Indigo, next one Pool Party, next one was stamped on acetate with Cotton White StazOn, and the smallest one is stamped on Smoky Slate.

I  stamped and cut 4 of each size, then layered them together, before gluing all 4 sides together. 
I found it easier to use hot glue when I began assembling them. 


Here is a front view of the ornament. I also used about a 30 inch piece of 1/8 silver ribbon in the center of the ornament. To each end of the ribbon I attached designer vintage faceted buttons. 
 
Hope you enjoyed the ornaments. I had fun making them! Now where did I store that Christmas tree?
 
Stamping trails
Karen 


No comments: