Saturday, July 20, 2013

Christmas in July Week!


So on this last day of Christmas in July week I decided to have some fun. 


I got a long thin shopping list pad of paper and covered it using Crumb Cake cardstock. I used
the Naughty and Nice tag from Very Merry Tags. It was inked with Cherry Cobbler. I also used Cherry Cobbler seam binding to run down the center of the list.


So read the list and see if you have been naughty or nice. 
Of course I've been naughty!  LOL


Another cute tag from this set is Bah Hum Bug. I thought this would be great to cover a small note pad. 

I measured out the cardstock and scored it before running it through the argyle embossing folder.


Here is the inside of the notebook. 


On a trip to my local Dollar General store I came across this index file book. Only cost a buck and they came in black, red, and green. Cool thing about this is the plastic sleeve on the cover. Made it easy to cut designer paper to fit and add the word stamp. This stamp is from Tags 4 you which will also be in the holiday mini catalog. And to make it really easy this set has matching punch. YAY got to love that! 
I weaved a piece of Victoria crochet trim through the spiral then also tied some pieces of twine around it. 


I used my Dymo label maker to make the words for the tabs. 
I'm planning to write down some family recipes in this and give it to Sarah as part of her Christmas gifts. 
After going through some of my mom's things I came across some hand written recipes from her and I thought what a nice personal gift to take the time to write them down, instead of putting them in a word document. 

Well I hope you have enjoyed Christmas in July week. I had a good time playing with some new toys and beating the heat by staying in my nice cool stamping studio! 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: