Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Embellishment Holder


How fun and cute is this organizer? 

I've been trying to use supplies I have on hand instead of buying more. While going through some boxes I found this countdown calendar made by Karen Foster Designs. I had bought it years ago I think at Archivers. Anyway I knew I wasn't going to used it for a calendar so I decided to make an embellishment holder out of it. 
The little cubes are 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 so I used designer paper and cut out the squares then used a circle hole punch to make the little tabs at the top of each box. 


After attaching the squares I cut little strips of Wisteria Wonder cardstock and used my DYMO label maker to add the words. I took it a bit farther by adding some of the embellishments to the outside of the boxes. 
I used wide vanilla ribbon to go around the outside of the box then made a bow for the top. This is going to look so great on my desk. 
Of course I'll have to clean off the desk and organize it a bit before I can even put the embellishment holder on it! 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: