Friday, August 23, 2013

Mistake, Clear Stamps, and Hey it Works


Well let cover the mistake first shall we? 
See the swirl stamp in Smokey Gray on the cloud background? Its right above the Crushed Curry large flower. Well it wasn't my intent to have it stamped in that direction. I wanted it to go the longer direction and extend from the background stamp out into the clouds. 
As I was just getting ready to put the inked stamp down on the card the clear mount stamp popped off the clear block. So instead of messing up the nice cloud background and starting over I just pushed the stamp down with my hand then lifted it off. 
I used Everything Eleanor stamp set for this card. This was before I started to not adhere the sticker to the back of the stamps. I'm much happier without them as now the stamps don't fall off. 
But hey this mistake worked for me as I like how the completed card looks. 
Never a mistake just an stamping opportunity!


The cloud background was made with the 1 1/4  scallop punch, and the scallop circle punch. 
I used three of the smaller scallops and two of the larger ones then glued them together. 
To use just take a sponge dauber and ink around the tops of the scallops. 
Here I used Soft Sky cardstock with Marina Mist ink. Love the look!

Other colors used Midnight Muse, and vanilla. 
 
Stamping trails
Karen 


No comments: