Saturday, August 17, 2013

Perfect Blend Note Cards, and Holder


I treated myself to a new stamp set ( I know, I know.....I haven't inked all the stamps from the last big order from my hubby), but I've been seeing some really cute cards made with Perfect Blend stamp set that I just cracked and had to have it. Maybe I had caffeine overload, and had a moment of weakness.
But whatever the reason I'm glad I bought it. 

I dusted off my paper crimper. OMG I can't remember the last time I used it! 
I sealed a standard A2 size envelope then cut it in half just a little bit below the seal. 
I snugged up the two pieces so they overlapped just about 1/4 of an inch. 
Next I stamped the coffee cup in Early Espresso. I also added a piece of designer paper to the cup wrapper. The chevrons were made with a stencil I made using the new Chevron punch.
Next I ran the lower piece of the envelope through the crimper. By doing this is makes the lower part just a bit smaller than the top half. The two pieces will then fit together better. 
After punching a strip using the chevron punch I took the cardstock placed over the bottom part of the envelope and sponged the ink on. Makes a perfect stencil. 


I made little note cards using the coffee cup. Started by folding a piece of cardstock in half the long way, then stamped a row of cups close to the fold line. Next these were hand cut leaving the score line intact. I was able to stamp 6 cups across the length of the folded cardstock.

The VC Rockers group is having its last Blog Hop for the season. This one is all about anything new from the 2013-2014 catalog.
You can visit there website to see other projects here


Stamping trails
Karen

2 comments:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Very cute, Karen! I've not yet broken down and bought this set. But now there's just one more cute project to tempt me!

Krafting Karen said...

I know what you mean Robin. I had to break down and get this one, and that one, oh and lets not forget that one! LOL Stampin'Up! is my weakness