Monday, September 23, 2013

Mailable Monday # 29


I forgot how much I love Crayon Resist Technique. 

I started this by inking the stamp with Jet Black StazOn ink. This was then stamped on white glossy cardstock. After the stamping was finished I took a crayon and drew lines where I wanted to show highlights on the flowers. 
On the flower centers I sponged with Cajun Craze ink. 
The outer petals were sponged with Cherry Cobbler. 
After sponging was finished I took the edge of my shirt and wiped off the ink to remove the crayon marks and show the highlights. Now I normally use a rag or a paper towel but I didn't have one handy so the shirt was the next best thing. You just don't question things like that when one is busy creating! 

I thought the layer still needed something so I ran it through the big shot using a script embossing folder (holiday mini). Just love the look! Click on the image for a better view. 


Side View


Inside card. I added the greeting and a leaf inked with Always Artichoke. 

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

littlebitoftoto said...

Karen, love this card....it is a great idea.