Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sunflower Candle


I made this candle for Jessica's bridal shower. I wish the sunflower wouldn't have been so dark when I heat set it into the candle, but it is going as is. 
I stamped the sunflower with Early Espresso on tissue paper, then added So Saffron marker to the petals and center. After cutting closely around the stamped image I placed it on the candle then covered it tightly with waxed paper. Used the embossing tool to melt it into the candle. Then I added the word the same way. 
To the bottom I added a Certainly Celery strip with crochet lace and heart charm. 


I winged the candle holder using Blushing Bride cardstock. Only took 3 tries till I figured out the correct pattern. I'm going to wrap it up in cello paper. OMG the candle smells so great. Vanilla! My favorite sent. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: