Friday, October 18, 2013

Bottle Cap Key Fobs


Well I was going through some of my embellishment containers on my desk and decided to make some key fobs. 

These could not be easier! All you need is a bottle cap, filigree brad, key ring, and a large rhinestone. You will also need a Big Shot, and Cropodile. 

I used wire cutters to clip off the brad from the back of the filigree brad. The bottle cap was ran through the Big Shot to flatten it out. Since these are going to see some use I wanted to make sure they would hold together well so I used my favorite glue......Crystal Effects. It has a wonderful strong hold. I also used it to adhere the rhinestone to the center of the brad. After the fob was dry I used the Cropodile to put a hole in the bottle cap so the split ring could go through.


So here are the 4 pieces that I used. I'm thinking these will make some great stocking stuffers, and will be a great way for me to used up some embellishments. 

Stamping trails
Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for an idea for girl scouts to make and sell as a fundraiser! This is perfect. They should be able to sell a bunch of these as stocking stuffers! Guess I will have to find a bunch more of the filigree brads. I knew I should have stocked up on more of those!! Thank you for sharing!

Krafting Karen said...

Wish I had extra brads to send to you. I was just using up some of ones I had left. Good luck in your hunt to find more. You could also turn these into necklaces instead of the key fobs.