Saturday, October 26, 2013

Envelope Punch Board 4x4 Storybook Cards


The envelope punch board is fast becoming my favorite tool. 
Having lots of fun making envelopes using designer paper. 
The great thing about it is I have so much designer paper that I'll be able to use 
a lot of it now to make pretty envelopes! 
Now I've made envelopes using scoring tools, but they were time consuming for me. With the punch board its so fast and easy! Love the build in punch that lets you notch the sides and the corner punch (two in one!) that rounds the edges of the flaps. 

Stamp set used Storybook Friends. The greeting above the cat You're Purrrfect is from an ink-a-dink-a-do set. 

Color palette: white, Melon Mambo, Smokey Gray, Midnight Muse, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Jet Back StazOn

I used a blender pen with the ink to color in the images. I love to do color book....when I'm in the mood for it! Reminds me of being a kid and coloring with Crayolas. Nothing better than a new box of crayons when I was kid! 


The doggie's bone was made with the word window punch and a small heart punch. I sponged the edges then added lines with a marker for the detail.


Score lines on the Smokey Slate layer added by using Simple Scored.
I was happy to find designer paper that had straight lines to match the scoring and the stitched Midnight Muse ribbon. It gives me a "happy" to be able to use some of my older stuff.

and what is this I see? Oh my its white...must be snow! We got the first dusting of snow in the wee hours of the morning yesterday. Look at the spare tire in the back it has snow on the top.


And there was a little bit of snow around the trees.
Going to be a long winter if we had snow on the 25th of October!


Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: