Saturday, October 19, 2013

Oatmeal Cookies made using Olive Oil



Cookies made with olive oil? Why not? 

I got the recipe from SparkPeople. It is a healthy version of oatmeal cookies. 
Of course I had to add some mini chocolate chips....just because I was craving chocolate, and if I have learned anything from my weight lost journey it is never deprive yourself. Its okay to indulge with a little chocolate.....just don't eat the whole bag!!!!! 
Trust me this is what has kept me on track and away from binge eating.
So you want to make some? Here is the recipe
1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup olive oil
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
Set oven at 350
Mix the sugars with the oil. Add egg and vanilla
Combine the dry ingredients (except for the oatmeal) then mix into the sugar/oil mixture.
Add the oats. Mix well. 
Use a tablespoon to drop onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Makes 24
Optional 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips. 

If you don't add the chips the cookies are 98 calories per cookie.

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: