Sunday, October 27, 2013

Taco Soup


Since Fall is here I've been making soup like there is no tomorrow! 
One of my favorite ones is Taco Soup. 
So easy to make, yummy, and spicy! 

Taco Soup

1 pound lean ground hamburger
1 medium chopped onion
1 packet taco seasoning mix (I get the one that is 40% less sodium)
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch mix
1/2 cup water
1 can stewed tomatoes (14 oz) I use salt free
1 can tomato pieces (14 oz)  I use salt free
1 can Rotel
2 cans pinto beans rinsed well
1 can tomato sauce (8oz) I use salt free
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 cup water
1 cup frozen corn

Brown the meat with the onion till its cooked. Add the taco seasoning packet and the Hidden Valley Ranch packet. Also add the 1/2 cup water. Mix well and simmer till its thick. 

Open up all the cans and add to a dutch oven or stock pot. Add the water, chili powder, and corn. Add the meat mixture. Let it simmer for an hour. 
Makes 12 cups. Serving size 1 cup. Weight Watcher points 2
I like to add a little 2% shredded cheddar cheese on top. You can also serve it with taco chips. I like making corn bread to go with it. YUM!!!



No comments: