Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Take a Tip Tuesday #2


Welcome back to Take a Tip Tuesday.

When working with large background stamps I

find it easier to turn the stamp rubber side up on my desk. 

Then tap the ink pad all over the stamp till it is completely covered

with ink. 


Before you turn the stamp over to place on the cardstock give a good look

to make sure there is no "stray" ink along the edges of the rubber. 

Take a piece of tissue and wipe the ink off the edges. 

Now if you forget to do this step and you get that "halo" on your stamped image....

refer to the  Take a Tip Tuesday #1

You can see I'm speaking from experience here. Can't tell you how often I have stray ink!


Here is the completed card. See how nice and crisp the image is? 

I also used Crushed Curry Chevron ribbon (thanks Kat!)

Stamps: Label Love, and Swallowtail

Base card white, ink Basic Gray, and Smokey Slate

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: