Thursday, July 24, 2014

Puffy Cotton Ball Technique


I am hoping that you can see that this colored

stamped image is actually puffed up from the cardstock. 

I stamped the image on white cardstock using Memento black ink. 

It was then colored with Wisteria Wonder blendabilites. 
 
I then used the stamp mat with the stylus and traced around the outside image of
 
the flower tops. 


You then have to flip the cardstock over and use the stylus again

and gently rub it over the flower tops. 


Next add some mono adhesive and add little pieces of a cotton ball. 

This will keep the image puffed up once it is mounted on a card. 


I mounted the completed piece on Night of Navy cardstock that

was cut with Window Frames Collection Framelits. 

Greeting from Perfectly Penned (retired)

One thing I have to remember when using the blendabilites is to stay away from 

the black outlined image. The alcohol in the ink does spread so if you don't 

want the ink to go outside of the lines best to start coloring away from them. 

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

Cherie said...

I saw this from Deb Valder and it is awesome. Can't wait to try it out! TFS!