Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Velum Snowman Luminaries


Aren't these cute little snowmen luminaries? 

I had a customer email me asking for a simple 

holiday inexpensive kids craft so I came up with these little guys. 

You can make two of them using one sheet of cardstock weight

velum that is cut 4 1/4 x 11

I added the face using a black marker. For the nose I used Pumpkin Pie

blendibilities, but you could also use a regular marker. 

After the face was completed I formed the cardstock into a tube and 
 
used a mini staples to hold it in place. You could also 
 
use double stick tape, but I think the staples holds it together just as 
 
well and staples are less expensive. 
 
I used burlap ribbon around the base of one, again I just
 
used the mini staples to attach it. 
 
For the other snowman I glued snowflake and silver sequins around the top. 
 
Tombo liquid glue works great. I even added some snowflakes for the cheeks. 
 
 
 
Here you can see the battery operated candle shining through the
 
velum. 

I think these would be a fun little project for kids to make.

Fun for adults too!

Stamping trails
Karen


2 comments:

Amy said...

Cute idea! I just found your blog today thru scrapbooking 24/7 on facebook. They have your peppermint patty snowmen on their page. So cute too!

Sue said...

Love these! I too just found your blog and have spent way too much time this morning reading old posts. Thanks for sharing your creativity!