Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Lotus Blossom in Grays


Back with Lotus Blossom. I thought this would make a

beautiful Sympathy card. 

I used some other new things on this one. 

The background layer is embossed designer paper. 

I added the color with Garden Green and a stamping sponge.

I decided not to color the entire 4 x 5 1/2 layer but to highlight the center of

it sponging on an angle. 

Another new item. 1 1/4 white jute ribbon. Both of these items

will be in the Occasion Catalog. 

The flowers were inked with Basic Gray and Smokey Slate. 

For the bold last layer I inked up the flower with Smokey Slate, but then

stamped it on a scrap piece of paper before stamping it on the card. 
 
Happy New Year's Eve to everyone. If your out and about tonight make sure
 
to be safe! 
 
We will be staying in and watching the ball drop. Not expecting anyone to come over. 
 
I'll be making taco soup sometime today. That will be nice and warm on a cold Winter's night. 
 
Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: