Monday, March 2, 2015

Mailable Monday # 100


Well thank goodness for polymer stamps! 

I cased this card from another stamper, but I have to admit I had some trouble with it. 

I first thought the artist stamped the images on a white layer then cut the "thanks" thinlit

from the center then layered that image back onto the card. Nope that didn't work. 

So for the second attempt I cut the thanks out first. Then put that on top of the 

layer and held it down with one hand while stamping the images over it and onto 

the layer. 

I wasn't really happy with that either as there were empty spaces around the letters. 

Next thing I did was to use the transfer sheets to add adhesive to the back of the 

stamped "thanks" thinklit. 

I cut another thanks using the back cardboard that is in a designer paper paper. 

The stamped "thanks" was adhered to the cardboard one to make the "thanks" more 

dimensional.
 
Now getting back to the empty spaces. I inked up the same stamps and over stamped 
 
them. With the stamps being of clear polymer I was able to line them up correctly. 
 
The finished "thanks" was adhered to the layer with mini staples. 
 
 
Here is a side view of the card so you can see how the "thanks" seems to come right off the
 
white layer. 
 
Stamp set Painted Petals. Colors: Lost Lagoon, Tangerine Twist, Mossy Meadow, and 
 
Memento black ink. 
 
We had a lot of snow falling down yesterday, but it wasn't enough for schools to 
 
close so Skip went to work today. Only 18 more days till Spring! 
 
Can't wait. 
 
I didn't make my 100 lost goal yet, but I'm only one pound away. YAY
 
Stamping trails
Karen 
 
Start weight 273
Current weight 174
Goal weight 170
 
 

No comments: