Monday, March 9, 2015

Mailable Monday # 101


Happy Mailable Monday! 

As I posted before I've been playing with a new stamping technique going around 

called Bokeh. 

I have seen a few different ways to create the look that is actually a photography 

trick. 

For this card I used watercolor paper. Got the paper wet first. Next I added 

three drops of re-inker (soft suede, and crumb cake) to 10 drops of water. These were

in separate containers. 

I began adding the re-inker/water mix using an aqua painter. I continued

to add to the watercolor paper till it was completely covered. 

Next step was to let it dry. I then made a template using a window sheet and 

different sized circles from the circle thinlits. 

White craft ink and a sponge dauber was used to make the circles over the

dried watercolor paper. Completed piece was layered on white then on 

Early Espresso. I then added the little hearts. Greeting is from Lovely Amazing You. 


This card was done using whisper white cardstock. 

I used sponge daubers to add the colors directly from soft suede, and

crumb cake ink pads. 

I used the same circle template and added the circles with white craft ink. 

After it was dry I stamped the greeting using jet black StazOn ink. 

I created the scallop border on the bottom using a 1/2 circle punch and crumb

cake cardstock. 

There are several videos out there using both these techniques. Just google search

bokeh. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: