Sunday, August 30, 2015

Homemade Zucchini Bread


Okay I admit it...this loaf of quick bread does not look 

that good.....but it does taste wonderful! 

I made it from zucchini I had in my garden.
 
1 1/2 cup zucchini
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup olive oil for baking or you can use vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda 
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
 
Swirl
1/4 cup sugar, and 1 TB cinnamon
 
pre-heat oven to 350
 
Mix zucchini, 3/4 sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs.
 
In another bowl combine flour, soda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder
 
Combine the wet ingredients, with the dry ingredients. 
 
In a small bowl combine the 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon 
 
Spray loaf pan with cooking spray and add 1/3 of the batter.
 
Sprinkle over the layer with cinnamon sugar mixture reserving some for the next layers.
 
Add another 1/3 of the batter, then more sugar/cinnamon
 
Then add the last 1/3 of the batter, and top with just a sprinkle of the sugar/cinnamon. 
 
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes till knife inserted in center comes out clean.
 
This bread is so moist and yummy!!
 
It has been cooler here the past several days and it has made me want to bake, and 
 
drink coffee! I think I'm ready for Fall and pot of chilli! 
 
Stamping trails
Karen      

No comments: