Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sunflower Cookies, and No Bake Cookies


Just wanted to share some recipes with you today. 

No Bake Cookies

1/4 cup almond milk or low fat milk
2 tsp olive oil - I used the kind for baking
2 TBS sugar
2 TBS un-sweetened cocoa powder
1 TBS un-sweetened applesauce
1/4 cup peanut butter - I use Simply Jiff
1 cup rolled oats
dash of sea salt
 
Mix it all together in bowl. Place wax paper on plate then drop
 
the mixture by rounded teaspoons. Slightly flatten with back of spoon. 
 
I keep these in the fridge. Batter makes about 16. 
 
I've had several requests for the lemon spritz sunflower cookies that I made 
 
for my daughters bridal shower. So here it is. 
 
 
Sunflower Lemon Spritz Cookies
 
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter at room temp
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
2 TBS lemon curd-I used Dickinson lemon curd
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
yellow food coloring, and chocolate jimmies
 
heat oven to 350
 
cream butter, sugar, and salt till light and fluffy ( used my kitchenaid mixer)
add egg, lemon curd, and vanilla beat till smooth
add flour a little at a time and beat till it is all mixed together
add a few drops of food coloring, mix till you have the desired color
Fit cookie press with sunflower disk and fill. 
After pressing the cookies onto a cookie sheet add the jimmies to the 
centers. 
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes till bottoms are brown. Let cookies cool on the sheet for 
a minute then remove to wire cooling racks. Store in air tight container. 

Happy baking, and non baking! 

Stamping trails
Karen

 


No comments: