Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Chocolate Covered Spoons and Rum Soaked Chocolate Cherries.


Last week I made chocolate covered spoons to give as gifts to the family. 

This one had three cinnamon dots for the holly berries and I pipped on 

white chocolate for the leaf. I should have filled the leaf in with green sugar, but

I wasn't thinking. 


I thought I was only making a few spoons but when it was all over I had

made 45 of them! 

They would have been prettier if I had used red or gold plastic spoons but I used

what I had on hand. Filled cello bags with them along with hot chocolate packets. 

The family loved them. 


Now on Christmas Eve day I was busy dipping rum soaked cherries in dark chocolate. YUM!!

They were the hit of Grandma Kate's birthday party. 

To make you need to soak one jar of stemmed maraschino cherries in 1/2 cup of rum.

Set in the fridge over night. Drain the cherries and pat them dry.  When ready to dip melt a 4oz dark 
 
chocolate bar with 1 tsp 
 
of shorting over a double boiler till melted. You can also melt this in the microwave. 
 
Dip the cherries and place on wax paper till the chocolate is set. 

I made a double batch, and they were gone in a few hours. 

I took down the tree yesterday. Hubby helped me thank goodness! 

Still cleaning and sorting the craft room, well sorting both the rooms as the 

upstairs one is becoming the sewing room again, and I have lots of projects lined 

up that I need to sew. 

I'll be working on it again today. 

Stamping trails
Karen
 
 

No comments: