Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Butterfly Trapped in a Mason Jar


I made a happy mistake while making this card.

After I stamped the greeting I noticed there was a light line of black under

it as I didn't take care to make sure there was no ink around the image. 

Anyway I covered it up with a strip of white lace. 

Stamp set used Butterfly Basics. Colors: Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, and black. 
 
The designer paper is unknown. I just found it in my stash and thought it went well with the ink and
 
subject I was using. 


This is the mason jar embossing folder I used by Darice. 

Before running it through the big shot I inked the raised side of the jar with Marina

Mist ink. I was a little sloppy about it as I wanted to get some of the ink inside the jar as

well as around the edges. 
 
After I embossed a piece of white cardstock with the jar I cut it out. It was later
 
popped up over the card after the stamping was completed. 


I also did some light stamping inside the card. 
 
Making another Pat Catan run today. I was searching the net for more mason jar stuff
 
and came across another Darice folder I would love to have, so I'm checking to see
 
if Catan's has it. 
 
Stamping trails
Karen 


No comments: