Thursday, March 17, 2016

Lace Meets Industrial


My friend sent me a bunch of different embossed panels by Tim Holtz. 

This one is called gridlock. 

First I cut a vanilla panel to the same width as the embossed piece. 

Next I inked up the lace background stamp with Smokey Slate and stamped. 

For contrast I added a thin strip of black cardstock. 

The fun part for me was going through my what knot drawer. This 

is where I keep odds and ends. You know stamping elements you think you may

use some day, and lets face it they they just to good to end up in the "round file"

Well I pulled out a flat washer that I had covered with designer paper and sealed with 

crystal effects. 


You can see from the side view how thick the washer is. 
 
After attaching it to the card I glue on a decorative silver lacy button.

I also found some black cardstock buttons that were die cut. Now all of these

embellishments came from the what knot drawer. I just added them to the card. 

I think this will make a great birthday card.  Love the greeting forever young. 


Kat sent me a fun St. Paddy's day card. I have it displayed on the fridge with

a magnetic clip. Thanks Kat! 

I'm going to get out this afternoon and do some running around. Need to make a pit stop to 

Catan's for more magnetic sheets so I can finish up the framelit cases. 

Happy St. Paddy's day to all! 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: