Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Oatmeal Muffins and Punch and Judy



I was in the mood to bake yesterday afternoon so using

what I had in the pantry made oatmeal muffins. 

I got the recipe from Quaker Oats. I changed it a bit as there recipe called for

oil, but I used applesauce. 


For those of you who may not get the reference to Punch and Judy here a picture. 

They were hand held puppets that used to whack each other and bicker. 

Hubby and I went to vote yesterday and there was an older couple at the table in front of us. 

The wife was yelling at her husband telling him he was pressing to hard on the signature machine. 

Then the wife started to walk towards the voting stations and the worker asked the husband

was he voting Republican or Democrat. The husband said "I'm voting Democrat" Well the

wife heard him turned around quickly and started yelling at him again....you're not voting Democrat

you're voting Republican....you don't know what your doing. 

So me and Skip are trying not to laugh while she's yelling at him, and he is yelling at her

telling her he knows what he is doing. 

Later when we left (the old couple were still at the voting stations)

walking across the parking lot I asked Skip if we were going to be like that when we got

a little older...he goes probably. However....even though that couple were yelling at 
 
each other I got the sense that they still loved each other.  
 
Stamping trails
Karen 




No comments: