Saturday, March 19, 2016

Pleats made with Vintage Designer Paper


I got it into my head yesterday morning to make a card with pleats. 

Don't ask how the mind works it just does strange things at times! 

The designer paper I used was very vintage to say the least. The upc code says

Autumn Leaves 2004!!!!

Well I guess this paper hung around long enough to gather the most vintage dust indeed! 

To make the pleats I cut the 12x12 paper to a 2 inch strip then scored it at 1/2 inch

intervals across the length. 


Side view of the pleats. 


I also took a bottom shot so you could see how I pleated the paper. 

Can't say that this is how I wanted it to turn out, but I'm happy with it. 


The inside card was also layered with the same paper as the pleats. 

Stamp set by See-D's called Victorian Dressmaker. The 

greeting Sewing Mends the Soul by TPC Studio Vintage Treads.

I can thank my friends because Kat got me the stamp set, and Connie

sent me a large jar of ribbon years ago, and that is where the black ribbon came from. 

The black and red paper button is from the what-knot drawer. 

And I bet you all saw right away that I used the "power of three". Three inks

and three stamps for the focal point. 

Had a great day yesterday. Went out on my own and did some shopping. 

Khol's was having a good sale and I bought three sweaters, one top, and a pair of jeans. 

All for 53 bucks. I had a 30% off coupon. Which made it nice. 

Then I stopped by Pat Catan's and picked up the rest of the magnet sheets to finish the

framlet cases. 

I found something pretty cool at Catan's and they were only 25 cents each. That is another story.

I'll be posting that tomorrow. 

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Cute! Great job! going to try the pleating, Thank you!