Saturday, April 9, 2016

Cowboy Shaker Card, and Snow!


Yup....let it snow alright!!! I woke up to blanket of snow yesterday morning. 

The snow inspired this card. The stamp was given to me years ago. Since I'm 

longing to go to TX and get warm the cowboy snowman warmed my heart if

not my hands! 

I also got to play with a new tool I bought.


Haven't made shaker cards in years, and let me tell you Fuse tool is wonderful! 

I simply used a page protector and cut it to the pocket size I needed then used

the tool to seal up the cut sides. It is awesome!!!! Think I'm going to be making

lots of shakers! 


Here is a side view of the card. I did use some foam tape around the edges so

the shaker would move better. With the sealed pocket you don't have to 

worry about anything getting out, and you don't have to use foam tape all the way around. 


I wanted to give the card a clean look so I only stamped the snowman and greeting on the front

Along one long side I stamped a few snowflakes. And speaking of flakes........


This was the view from my kitchen window yesterday morning. 

Just beautiful! 


Pine tree is covered and the branches were drooping from the weight. 

We got an additional 3 inches of snow, but the good news its suppose to all 

be melted soon. 


Yes this about sums up Ohio weather. I was really hoping for that Dragon on Friday

as he would have heated the place up a bit, 

and I'll be watching the skies today for the UFO's! 

Stamping Trails
Karen

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Karen, Love your cowboy snowman card! Too darn cute! Send me a snowball & I'll send you some Texas sunshine! TFS!