Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Nice Cuppa Collar Card


Don't ask me where I was going with this design as I have no idea.

I started out wanting to make a simple collar card, but things went south pretty fast. 

The collar should have been cut a bit deeper, but I only cut the slit to 1 1/2 inches before

folding back. That left me with more space to fill on the card. So....

I had a designer paper cut out of the top cup cut already, so I knew I wanted to use that. The mugs 

were

cut from Melon Mambo, and Bermuda Bay cardstock then ran through

the decorative dots folder. After looking at the lemon designer paper I thought

it was to bright so it got grunged up a bit with Timeless Textures stamps and basic gray ink. 

The mugs, lemon, spoon, and tea bag were all attached using pop dots, then touched

with a bit of winking stella (love that stuff! my friend told me she bought all the 

colors and I'm green with envy as I only have the clear one...does it even come in green?)


I love the playful look of the teabag on the inside with the spiraling string. 

The sun was shining so much yesterday! Still only in the 40's, but we

are suppose to be dry for the next few days with the temps moving on up to the 70's by 

Saturday. YAY! 

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

OMGoodness...Hobby Lobby had all the colors! I used a lot of restraint! I don't know if Michaels carries it, or AC Moore. I really didn't look in those places at all. But your card turned out good! Blessings to you...