Saturday, May 21, 2016

Butterfly Card Tote


I've been stamping a lot this week. This stunning beauty

is a card tote. 


The belly band holds the tote closed, and easily slides off. 
There is a pocket on each side, and will hold 5 cards with envelopes in each one. 



Close up view of the belly band.

I used the largest one from the Butterfly thinlits with black cardstock.

The antenna was made with black hemp. I love using hemp to make the antennas on these

butterflies. I need to get more colors. To finish it off I added some pearls in the center. 

I wasn't sure about the stripes on the designer paper I used on the band. It is the reverse side

to the small butterfly paper I used on the front and inside pockets. After looking at it

awhile I decided that the band needed a bit of "pop" that the blue stripes on the paper give it.
 


Another inside view of the card tote. 


Since I had some leftover pieces I also made a matching card. 
Well its back to the stamping studio to make some more artwork.

Going to rain most of the day and into tomorrow, so its perfect for me to do some stamping.

Trying to finish off birthday gifts then I'm going to start figuring out Christmas in July week

projects.....there I said it Christmas!!!!!!! 
Have a great weekend!
Stamping trails
Karen 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome project! Will you be sharing a tutorial for making this card tote?
Linda Patti. tpatti@twc.com

Krafting Karen said...

Hi Linda. Yes I will be sharing the pattern in the upcoming week.

Cherie said...

This is so neat! What a wonderful gift it would be! TFS!