Thursday, May 5, 2016

Throwback Thursday Metallic Pencils



Welcome to throwback Thursday. Every once in awhile I

have the urge to dig out old stamping supplies and give them another go. 

Now I know you may be thinking hey wait a minute the Swallowtail stamp

hasn't been around that long, but just hang on.....



Who remembers the Metallic Art Pencils? 


They came in a set of 12 with a very cool twist apart plastic case to hold them. 

There is no date on the case so I'm not sure when they came out, but I know it was a long time ago.
The pencils are soft and very nice to color with. 
If you take another look at the card I colored you can see a "bloom" of color
around the butterfly. That's because after I added the color I wiped the image with a tissue. 
The color spread out and gave the image a halo effect. 
I've had these sitting in the middle part of the carousel I keep stamping tools in.
The top of the case had the most unique layer of "vintage" dust I've ever seen!

 I found this cute little plastic storage container that I just had to buy.

I stamped the top with the butterflies from Kindness Matters stamp set (retired)

The stamp was inked with VersaMark. I embossed the image with white embossing powder,

and used the purple pencil to add the color. The color wouldn't rub off the embossing so it

sort of "tinted" the powder. I like it!

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: