Thursday, May 26, 2016

Well Embellished Card



So I'm trying to be good. I've been going through the craft room, 

and finding lots of things I haven't used. The Tim Holtz

bird cage die is one of the things I bought several years ago and 

never used. I know I know....shame on me. 

After cutting it out in black cardstock I used my fingers to round out the 

bottom of the cage and the sides. I wanted to put it on a card and 

have it look 3d. 

Glued it to the designer paper using Tombo liquid glue (love that stuff!)


The flower brads that I used in the center of petite petals is another

thing I've had for years (and dare I say years and years) and that the package was never opened!  
 
Cardstock is blushing bride, and wild wasabi. The edges of the leaves and flower were
 
all sponged before gluing to the card. Butterflies are an embosslit from SU. 
 
Edges were also sponged and peals added to the center. 
 
 
Inside view. I used the same designer paper that I used on the front and 

added a little butterfly to the flower petal. 

This is a card that would need to be hand delivered or put in a box so it wouldn't be crushed. 

Sometimes you just need to make a well embellished card! 

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

lovemyparrots@yahoo.com said...

I like it! I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys things that just can't be passed up and then forgets or never uses them!!