Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Canvas Art



How awesome is this? 

My friend Kat attended a stamping camp and this is 

what they made. 

She asked me if I would like one and of course I said yes!

So.....she prepped all the flowers using card stock, and punches.

She even did all the sponging around the edges of the pieces. 

All I had to do was pick up the 16x20 canvas and assemble. 

Kat was so sweet she even supplied the pop dots, glue dots, and embellishments. 

The only thing I added that was different is the words at the upper left 

"Create Art".
After the words were stamped I trimmed them to look like banners,
and sponged the edges. 
To cover the canvas I used 4 sheets of designer paper which
Kat also sent me. One corner of each sheet of paper met up in the center of the canvas,
and I used Tombo Liquid glue to adhere it. 
I then wrapped the remaining edges of the paper around the sides of the canvas.
After wrapping it around I used a stapler to tack down the edges. 


And here is a closer view of the upper right part of the canvas. 

I am very happy with how the project turned out, and

all of the prep work finished I was able to put it together pretty fast. 

Thanks again Kat!!!! What a lovely "way early" b-day gift. 

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

Kathy said...

It looks great!!!! I love that you took the paper around the edges...looks more finished! You are so welcome and "Happy Birthday" super early!! :)

Love, Kat