Sunday, June 12, 2016

It was a Hot One, and ATC Swaps


It was a hot one yesterday! 

The temp in the car was 91. WOW

Suppose to be cooler today in the mid 70's. Much better

as we are driving over to visit with Grandma Kate. 

We did go for a drive yesterday. Stopped at Honey Hut and got 

malts. They were good and helped cool us down. 

Also stopped by Target as I'm still looking for the Generation doll I want.

I'm looking for Evelyn. Looks like she will have to be bought from Amazon as

I've scoured all the Targets around me and she is not to be found. I was 

also looking for another sewing machine kit for my friend Lisa as she wants one

too, but sadly not to be found. I think they were an earlier set, and doll. 


Me and my friend Marianne are doing an ATC swap. 

These are the ones I came up with. I used a retired set from 

Stampin'Up called Classic Captions. And I think the other one is 

called postcards. Its a really old set. It was the first one I ever bought from SU back

in 2001. 


On this one I used Tim Holtz distress ink and honeycomb stencil. The

image was stamped with VersaMark and embossed with black embossing powder. 

I added the 5 cent brad in the upper corner. It represents me being in my 50's. Love the 

words under the image. Yes Mama did tell me there would be days like this. LOL


Another one done with distress inks and stencil. 

I inked a chip and stamped smile on it with StazOn black ink. 

Added some pearls across the bottom. Gotta love Mona! 


This one was a first attempt at stamping on muslin. Didn't get good

coverage with the ink, but I still like it. 


And of course I had to stamp the backs and fill out the ATC info. 

Hope Marianne enjoys them. 

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

Carolyn Sharkas said...

I love them, Karen! That set was out the year I joined Stampin' Up! It was also my one and only time I went to convention, because it was in Orlando that year. My upline had me come over and gave me that set, showed me how to do the collage technique,and challenged me to make a card, so I did with the old fashioned lady, and those were my convention swaps. Still have that set, but haven't pulled it out in awhile..

Can't wait to make some ATC's!