Friday, June 10, 2016

Tales from the Garden


Skip took me on a little tour of the garden yesterday. 

He has done an awesome job tilling, and planting. 

We have corn. Should be knee high by the 4th of July.


Something making its first appearance in our garden...potatoes!
 
The have flowers on them already and look really healthy. 
 
 
One of my favorites...butternut squash.


We have grapevines crawling up the side of fence in the garden. 

I always wanted to have grapevines. 


Another little grapevine just getting a start. 


Of course a family must....tomatoes. We have lots of plants. 


Peppers. There are green, and hot. 


lots of beans! They grew so well last season. Hoping to have

another bumper crop this year. 


Anyone know what this is? Skip said he didn't plant it. It

just popped up. He's waiting to see what it grows into. 

There are lots of other things that I didn't take pics of. 

I have an herb garden growing in different pots on the deck, and of course

flowers pots. There is also some cucumbers. 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

Planting, and weeding trails
Karen

1 comment:

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Great garden! That last one looks like watermelon to me 😀