Sunday, September 25, 2016

Art Journal Page Share


So I took a class at the library last Tuesday. We learned how to 

make art journals. I started working on the journal a few days ago. 

Won't show you everything that I have done so far, but I did want

to share these two pages that I have completed. 

The left side was done with Tim Holtz collage medium and distress

crayons. 

On the right I stamped directly on the paper used on the

accordion folded book. Which was a mistake. The paper

that was provide at the class will not work with the ink I have. 

Won't dry even when I used a heat tool. So....in order to 

save the page I threw some clear embossing powder on it and heated it

again. The embossing powder sealed in the wet ink. YAY the page was 

saved, and I really love how the color pops. Also gives some added texture to the

page. 

The theme of the book is Family of Smiles. I'm using lots of old

black and white photos that were passed down to me from my mother. 

Thought it would make a great keepsake for Sarah. 
 
The photos are of my mom. She made the skirt that she, and her cousin are wearing. 



Yesterday I joined a quick turn around 3 pocket Halloween swap. 

Instead of doing a full pocket letter we had to do 1/3. 

So I whipped this up yesterday afternoon, and its ready to be mailed soon as

I get my partner. I'm having so much fun with these swaps! 

The weather was so nice yesterday me and Skip went to the park and took a 

nice long walk. So great to take the nature trail. Still suppose to be

nice today, so its time to wash my car. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: