Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Vintage Sewing Theme Tag


Well it was 90 degrees yesterday, so I spent

a good part of my day downstairs in the 

stamping studio. Going to be another hot one

today, so guess where I'll be.
 
When my friend Kat was here I took her to the Medina
 
Antique Mall. I was looking for an old sewing pattern
 
that I could use to make a tag. 
 
This is the one I found. A bargain at 2.95. 
 
I kept the sewing pattern, as well as the back of the package.
 
Might make something else with it later. 
 
 
The girl is popped on the tag, and her dress is also popped up. 

I went with green for the dress as I thought it blended in with

the colors the models are wearing. 


The sewing machine is also popped up over the layers

of designer paper. I'm glad I used some

cream color floss on the spool, and continued with

the thread around the machine. 


The dressmaker form is also from designer paper. I did

layer it on sturdy card stock as part of the form is off the edge

of the tag. The little scissor charm was an afterthought. 

I was going to use more flowers at the top of the form, but

I think the ribbon and charm look better. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: