Friday, July 7, 2017

The Lilies are in Bloom


The whole front flower bed is full of lilies right now. 
 
This is the only red one. The rest are yellow. 


I'm moving from left to right across the bed.


The rhododendrons are long since bloomed, so 

I'm happy that the lilies are the star of the show. 


Here are the largest ones called cannis. They were so heavy with the flowers, 

that hubby helped me tie them up to the fence. They would have

been on the ground. 


Look how big the flowers are! 

I told Joel that the stems and leaves on this plant remind

me of the Addams Family. Morticia pet plant was named Cleopatra, and she

use to feed it raw hamburger.

Okay I'm dating myself again. 


I had to step back to the middle of the yard so I could

take a shot of the full plant. 


The only thing I don't like is hubby planted them in front of the hostas, so

you can't see them blooming. 


You can see the jute I used to tie up the lilies. 

John came home from work yesterday saying he wasn't feeling well. 

Summer colds are the pits! Of course he felt the need to share with

his mother. So we are drinking lots of fluid and eating chicken noodle soup. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: