Sunday, November 12, 2017

Scrap Happy Sunday #4


This card has been sitting on my desk all week. Well

let me rephrase that....its been sitting in pieces on my desk all week. 

The scraps are from that scrap bag which started this Scrap Happy Sunday post. 

At times I am at a lost to figure out what to do with some of it. 


You can see from the bag that that punched out butterfly was done on a folded piece
 
of designer paper. My first thought was to turn that scrap into a shaker element. 
 
The piece wasn't cut at all I used it as is. Added a piece of acetate to the opening then
 
used Darice foam strips to make the space for the sequins and beads. 
 
 
So everything was going well. Got the shaker made then thought it looked plain. 
 
I tried to free hand draw some antennas to the head, but I didn't like it so
 
I added the lace, and bow to try to cover it up. Then I added the different color
 
smaller butterflies. Still don't really like it as I think it is to cluttered. 
 
 
Now I do like the other side of the card. The little caterpillar was already cut and in the scrap bag,

and the color sort of matched the designer paper so I used it. The leaf sprig, and greeting,

are from a SU set called Butterfly Basics. 

I stopped at Pat Catan's on Friday, and got some Halloween stuff that was on clearance. 


So never have I ever seen washi tape this large before! There are three rolls in the package

and each of them are 2 inches wide! Got it for a good price at .75 cents. 

The Martha Stewart washi tape was 3.00 which was also a great price. 

The raised stickers were .30 cents. Great deals! 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: